Mackintosh Volunteer Coordinator
2018 is going to be an exciting time for the Mackintosh Society with the 150th anniversary of Mackintosh’s birth and the opening our Visitor Information Centre at ‘Mackintosh at the Willow’ in Glasgow city centre.
The CRM Society is looking to recruit a dynamic, skilled individual to manage and develop our new Volunteer Programme.
Job Description /Brief
Job Title: Mackintosh Volunteer Coordinator
Reporting to: Events & Business Officer
Salary: £18,000 PA, plus up to 5% contributory pension
CONTRACT: 12 Month’s Fixed Term
HOURS OF WORK: 37.5 hrs (5 days per week)
Please note that this role will require weekend and out of hours working.
HOLIDAYS: The holiday entitlement is 28 working days each calendar year, inclusive of Bank Holidays.
General Job Outline
The Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society is an independent, non-profit charity established in 1973 to promote and encourage awareness of the iconic Scottish architect and designer Charles Rennie Mackintosh. In 1999 the Society became owner and long-term custodian of Queen’s Cross Church (now known as ‘Mackintosh Queen’s Cross’). This is the only church built to CRM’s design, A listed and a national treasure for Scotland – a key element in show-casing and promoting the legacy of Mackintosh.
The Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society is providing a professional Information Service located at Mackintosh at the Willow. This is planned to open in May 2018 and will offer the best public information service on Mackintosh by experienced and knowledgeable volunteers and staff.
Interest in Arts and Heritage and especially Charles Rennie Mackintosh is desirable.
• The ideal candidate will be a strong team player, and will have experience in promoting and developing volunteer projects. Have responsibility for recruiting, coordinating, training and managing volunteers.
• Coordination of volunteers to ensure the smooth running of the information service
• Provide a professional customer facing information service.
• Help with promotion of the Society and its events
• To observe health and safety requirements.
• To establish performance indicators and maintain data systems
• Develop knowledge of Mackintosh and other heritage of Glasgow
• To undertake other duties as requested from time to time
This post will require flexibility in working hours – and will include weekend working. The role will have responsibility for front-of-house information services, volunteers, meeting visitors as well as ensuring the Information desk is presented in a welcoming way at all times.
This is not an exhaustive list, as a small organisation, a high-degree of flexibility and adaptability is required from the team.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• Evidence of management skills and ability to take initiative
• Previous experience ideally within the voluntary sector, heritage, tourism, hospitality, leisure, or retail industries.
• Ability to work with partner organisations, ie. Mackintosh Venues & Destination Marketing Organisations.
• Ability to prioritise and adapt effectively and remain calm under pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, who will make sure that our volunteers, feel supported and valued within our organisation.
• Computer literate and fully conversant in the full suite of Microsoft Office Applications.
How to apply:
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your availability / notice period.
Submit 3 copies of your CV with a covering letter to Stuart Robertson, Director, Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society, together with the names and contact details of 3 referees who may be contacted as part of the selection process.
Interviews will be held at Mackintosh Queen’s Cross, Glasgow, on Wednesday 20 December 2017.
Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society
Mackintosh Queen’s Cross
870 Garscube Road
Closing date: Noon on Friday 15 December 2017