Mackintosh Fundraising and Development Officer
2018 was an exciting time for the Mackintosh Society with the 150th anniversary of Mackintosh’s birth and the opening of our Visitor Information Centre at ‘Mackintosh at the Willow’ in Glasgow city centre.
In 2019 we mark another landmark with the 120th Anniversary of Mackintosh Queen’s Cross.
The Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society has an exciting position available for someone to provide outstanding support to our Heritage & Development Manager. If you have a passion and skill for fundraising, this is an excellent opportunity to grow your skills and ensure the Society develops a sustainable fundraising strategy.
Job Description /Brief
Job Title: Fundraising and Development Officer
Reporting to: Heritage & Development Manager
Salary: £18,000 PA, Pro Rata plus up to 5% contributory pension
CONTRACT: 12 Month’s Fixed Term
HOURS OF WORK: 22.5 hrs (3 days per week)
Please note that this role may require some weekend and out of hours working.
HOLIDAYS: The holiday entitlement is 28 working days (Pro-Rata) each calendar year, inclusive of Bank Holidays.
General Job Outline
The Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society is an independent, non-profit charity established in 1973 to promote and encourage awareness of the iconic Scottish architect and designer Charles Rennie Mackintosh. In 1999 the Society became owner and long-term custodian of Queen’s Cross Church (now known as ‘Mackintosh Queen’s Cross’). This is the only church built to CRM’s design, A listed and a national treasure for Scotland – a key element in show-casing and promoting the legacy of Mackintosh.
Are you a motivated Fundraiser keen to gain experience working in the heritage sector? We require a talented Fundraising & Development Officer to join our small, but busy team at Mackintosh Queen’s Cross in Glasgow. You must be a team player with the ability to multi task and work well under pressure.
Candidate must be computer literate with all Microsoft products, have excellent communication and customer service skills.
Interest in Arts and Heritage and especially Charles Rennie Mackintosh is desirable.
• Liaise and report to our Heritage & Development Manager
• Research funding opportunities and write funding applications, grants and proposals to Trusts and Potential Sponsors
• Develop and create a fundraising pack for donors
• Promote and assist in marketing of the Society
• Manage and edit the Society website, keeping it up-to-date
• Assist with production and distribution of Society marketing materials
• Regular and ongoing reports on project outcomes and progress as required by funders in a timely manner
• Good time management and ability to meet deadlines
• Deal with email correspondence and enquiries for the Society
• Organise meetings, preparing the agenda and taking minutes
• Manage and keep records of donations for claiming Gift Aid
• Process Gift Aid claims on a regular basis
• Keep up to date with the policies and procedures etc.
• To undertake other duties as requested from time to time
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
• Fundraising experience
• Event/project management experience
• Pleasant and personable manner with good interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to work on her/his own initiative as well as part of a team
• Natural motivator and an encouraging personality
• Ability to prioritise and carry out tasks quickly and competently
• Computer software skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
• Knowledge of social media
• Willingness to train further to improve skills
• High work ethics
• An interest in Mackintosh and Heritage would be an advantage
This is not an exhaustive list, as a small organisation, a high-degree of flexibility and adaptability is required from the team.
How to apply: If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your availability / notice period.
Submit a copy of your CV with a covering letter to Stuart Robertson, Director, Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society, together with the names and contact details of 3 referees who may be contacted as part of the selection process.
Interviews will be held at Mackintosh Queen’s Cross, Glasgow, on Thursday 7 February 2019
Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society
Mackintosh Queen’s Cross
870 Garscube Road
Phone: 0141 946 6600
Closing date: Noon on Monday 28 January 2019
If you would like to learn more getting involved with the Society or about our volunteer programme please feel free to get in touch at email@example.com or 0141 946 6600.