The Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society (CRM Society) is an independent, non-profit charity established in 1973 to promote and encourage awareness of the iconic Scottish architect and designer Charles Rennie Mackintosh (CRM). In 1999, the Society became owner and long-term custodian of Mackintosh Queen’s Cross. This significantly important A-listed building is the only church built to CRM’s design and is a national treasure – a key element in show-casing and promoting the legacy of Mackintosh.
Since inception the Society has promoted the works of CRM around the world, protecting, enhancing and interpreting the works – becoming a respected voice in the preservation and promotion of Mackintosh internationally. With nearly 1000 members around the world, the Society plays a leading role in promoting Mackintosh through exhibitions, events, marketing, visitor services, academic queries and education programmes.
On the 1 March 2006 the Society officially changed to a Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered in Scotland Company No. SC293107. The Society Charity status is not affected, SC012497. The Society is currently governed by a Board of 9 Directors which meets on a regular basis and makes decisions on the policies and direction of the organisation.
We are looking for a new Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees to help guide and advise us on the financial health of this organisation. This is a voluntary role and the responsibilities include presentation of the management accounts at board meetings, helping to prepare the annual budget and advising on the corrective action that may be required when difficulties arise. (The treasurer is not a book-keeper or accountant but must have a good understanding of financial control and collective board responsibility).
The main responsibilities:
• Be available to attend at least four evening meetings each year of our Trustee Board, plus two further evening meetings a year for the Finance sub-committee, plus our AGM in June and other strategy events as needed. This is a total of around 6 hours per month.
• To review the accounts prepared by the bookkeeper and provide a financial summary for the quarterly Board meetings.
• Be available to occasionally meet with the Director and other finance staff of the charity at a mutually convenient time.
• Advising on the financial implications of the Society’s strategic plan.
• Board level liaison with external auditors on specific issues such as Auditor Management letter and the related Board of Management representations.
For more information or to register your interest contact Stuart Robertson (Director).
Mackintosh Queen’s Cross
870 Garscube Road