The Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society is an independent, non-profit making charity, established in 1973 to promote and encourage awareness of the Scottish architect and designer, Charles Rennie Mackintosh. The Society has around 1000 members across the world with active affiliate groups arranging local events in, London and the SE, and Japan, and an associate group in Port Vendres.
In 1999, the Society became owner and long-term custodian of the Mackintosh Church at Queen's Cross. Membership of the Society provides a unique opportunity to support the only church built to Charles Rennie Mackintosh's design.
Honorary Officers of the Society
Honorary President: Roger Billcliffe
Honorary Vice Presidents: Murray Grigor, Dr. James Macaulay, Bruno del Priore, Professor Pamela Robertson and Professor Frank Arneil Walker OBE
The Core Aims of the Society are
▪ to support the conservation, preservation, maintenance and improvement of buildings and artefacts designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh and his contemporaries
▪ to advance public education in the works of Charles Rennie Mackintosh by means of exhibitions, lectures and productions of an educational nature
and in furtherance thereof but not otherwise THE SOCIETY shall seek:-
▪ to maintain and develop our Headquarters at Queen’s Cross Church
▪ to service and develop the membership of THE SOCIETY
▪ to sustain and promote the long-term viability of THE SOCIETY
Mackintosh Queen's Cross - Covid19
These are difficult times. We may not be able to get together this year to enjoy our events programme and meet up with fellow members at the AGM weekend, but please be assured we will make up for this next year. So please encourage friends and family to support the Society by becoming members! Or arrange membership as a gift for an art lover - just call +44 (0) 141 946 6600 for details.
Mackintosh Queen's Cross now houses a plethora of events for the CRM Society and has provided Glasgow with a new venue for weddings, concerts, meetings and seminars. The CRM Society continues to deliver lively learning experiences, workshops and activities for schools, students, adults, families and children. We have an excellent volunteer programme offering new recruits a range of opportunities to get involved in supporting the organisation.
For more information about the Society, please contact us or apply online.
Stuart Robertson FRSA
Director, Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society