Want to give back to the society in a different way? If you have some spare time and would like to get involved in some unpaid work volunteering may be the option for you.
What do our volunteers do?
Our volunteers are involved at all levels of the organisation, from areas requiring specialist knowledge and skills, to others where enthusiasm is the only essential. Our volunteering opportunities can be separated into five main areas:
- visitor services and guide based volunteering
- administrative and retail volunteering.
- public programmes/events based activities and exhibitions.
- education activities: eg workshops and education programmes.
- library and research activities.
- volunteering is great way to get practical experience, especially for getting your foot in the door of the heritage sector.
- voluntary work looks good on your CV.
- you'll learn and develop valuable work related skills.
- it is a great way to meet friends and like-minded people.
Hear from our Current Mackintosh Volunteers
Hear what some of our volunteers have to say about their roles and experiences with the CRM Society here.
Our Current Opportunities
We are still seeking volunteers for the Mackintosh at the Willow project as well as dedicated volunteers to support our works at our headquarters at Queen's Cross.
The CRM SOCIETY encourages volunteers to contribute their time to projects and roles which interest them the most. We aim to ensure that the experience is as fulfilling as possible by providing engaging training opportunities and group activities. Volunteers are not limited to one opportunity and may choose to undergo more than one.
Please click on the role you’re most interested in to download a full role description and application form.
Please complete the forms and send to firstname.lastname@example.org using the volunteer post title in the subject box. If you wish to print the form then our postal address can be found within the role description.
The Charles Rennie Mackintosh Society is dedicated to offering equal opportunities to all. Once you have applied we will ask you to fill in a simple Equal Opportunities form to help us monitor applicants and help us grow our programme to be more inclusive. No part of this form is obligatory to your application.
Join the Mackintosh Team
Want to join the volunteer team but can’t join us for the above positions? Fill in the basic contact form below and we will add you to our mailing list with opportunity updates.