If you have some spare time and would like to get involved in some unpaid work this may be the option for you.
What do our volunteers do?
Our volunteers are involved at all levels of the organisation, from areas requiring specialist knowledge and skills, to others where enthusiasm is the only essential. Our volunteering opportunities can be separated into three main areas:
- administrative, retail and visitor guide based volunteering.
- public programmes/events based activities and exhibitions.
- general activities: eg membership, mailing team etc.
- volunteering is great way to get practical experience, especially for getting your foot in the door of the heritage sector.
- voluntary work looks good on your CV.
- you'll learn and develop valuable work related skills.
- it is a great way to meet friends and like-minded people.
Mackintosh Volunteer Open Day
Lookout for the next CRM Society Volunteer Day at the Mackintosh Church. The previous events have been very successful.
Volunteer opportunities range from working with our educational staff on marketing, workshop planning and coordination, assisting with events, helping our administrative team with general office duties, working in our retail shop, assisting visitors and tour groups, coordinating research for the CRM Society journal, editing and writing, historical research, library maintenance, data management and many other project specific activities.
The CRM Society provides their volunteers a chance to work with other like-minded individuals, learn and develop new skills, exposure to the heritage and preservation of historical buildings in Glasgow and to contribute ideas to a thriving Arts organization. In addition, volunteers are offered discount membership to the CRM Society, access to educational programmes and opportunities, access to rare works by Mackintosh and his contemporaries, discounts at the Mackintosh retail shop and reduced admission to other Mackintosh buildings and local museums.